Tuesday, January 27, 2009

He Sent Me to Africa

So I was on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, as I usually am. I was surfing around and came across my friend Jim's page. On his page was a link to a website that he had created. I immediately went to it, it was www.hesentme.org. I was really drawn to it. He is working on a mission to bring renewable energy to a small village in Africa and beyond! How cool! I sent him an email right away telling him that I would love to help out in any way that I can and that I am very good at fundraising as I have a lot of contacts.... He sent me a response very quickly after that:



"Kristen, thank you so much for the encouraging words!!
You are the answer to a really big prayer. Fund raising is our weakest link right now. After reading your email, I was going to ask you to serve on the Board of Directors but after thinking about it, I think it would be better if we made it a staff position. The Board of Directors are all volunteers (so far) and I feel that the fund raising job should be a paid position. I have to warn you that it would have to be an unpaid position for a while but the goal would be to get you paid for your effort.
I hope you will continue to pray about it and let me know if you would like to join the team.
My first trip to Africa in February was postponed until April. This was very disappointing but I felt God telling me to wait. I would love to have a photographer join me on the second trip (and as many as you are up for) which will probably be in October if we can cover your expenses."



WOW! What an awesome opportunity! Not only to photograph, but to help bring a renewable source to a place where there is no electricity at all, and for a great cause! So with that said, I will be trying to raise money for my own trip to Africa in the fall. I am planning on going in October with the group and documenting the trip. I will need to raise money for the costs of my plane ticket, my immuneizations, camera equipment, etc. in order to venture off with the hesentme.org team! So anything anybody can do to help out would just be awesome! So I started this blog thinking many of my family and friends would come here and read about what is going on and help out in any way that you can.

Love to you all!

Love Kristen

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an incredibly amazing opportunity! You are living my dream! I can't wait to hear all about it I wish I could help more, but for now you have my well-wishes in having this come to fruition for you!

    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete